Sunday, September 15, 2013

Back to School

Dear Dedicated Readers,
Well I know that I'm not as good a writer as my very articulated wife, but here is my blog post for this month. First on my mind however is that I've decided that everyone besides Jana, and maybe Bryan and Brett's family, is really bad at writing on the blog. So maybe we need to step it up everyone!

So I will give mostly my side of the events of the last couple of weeks as I expect my wife will write her accounts. August was a fast passing, busy month as Taylor and I were finishing up our time in Seattle. We had a visitor, Lisa one of Taylor's friends, come and visit us. I had to put in some time to get work done but was able to complete almost everything that my team had wanted me to complete in my internship time frame. Taylor headed back to Provo to meet up with her family as they brought Savannah down to college. This left me with my last week at Microsoft trying to finish everything up and make sure I get the return offer. Mom and Dad were very kind to fly Kyler up and I spent my last day at Microsoft with him as well. I was told that they wanted to extend me an offer and I ended my internship on a good note. Going along with that, as many of you have heard, I have accepted the offer to return to Microsoft next summer. Kyler and I proceeded to drive the fun way back down to Provo and made it Saturday evening, the Saturday before school started. We meet up with Taylor and Savannah and spent some fun time with the family for Hannah's baby blessing on Sunday.

School has been a fun adjustment, getting back to the rhythm of work and assignments has been fun. I am taking 3 computer science classes, 1 Portuguese class, and 1 religion class. Work has been nice to return to my friends there as well as a couple of new coworkers. Taylor and I are doing pretty well otherwise, just keeping up with work and adjusting to the new schedule. My flag football team won our first game, 21 to 20, stopping our opponents would-have-been-the-win 2 point conversion with about 30 seconds left to play. Other wise things have been great. Hope to hear from everyone else shortly as well!

Love,
Kevin and Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment