Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Thus Far into 2016

Time for another update.

Life seems to have finally settled down. From actual photography business to visiting family to getting really sick, our family has been taking a ride on the wild side for the last two months!

January kicked off with two new clients to Eden and Me Photography, which, of course, is my photography business! I was beyond stoked. I will continue to learn throughout every session I have, but I really think I'm getting better and it's nice (like fireworks, glitter, to the moon nice) to once in a while have a client knock on my door. Patience is a virtue, and I'm definitely learning that with this whole photo business start up.

Kevin got an important job assignment these last few months, so he's been tackling that. I think he's been doing awesome, if not more than awesome. But that's probably because I'm his wife and I see how dedicated he really is to all tasks given to him. There's been a few long nighters for him, but he's pulling through.

Liam is at such a fun phase of life right now. He's learning new things everyday, and he surprises me all the time. His personality is brighter than ever. He has become a picker eater, refusing to even try asparagus and corn (if mom has to eat it, you do too! ha jk). He used to love that stuff! He is on the verge of talking... which is beyond thrilling. It's interesting too, because some words are coming out Spanish all the time and others (most) are English. I'm so proud of Kevin for sticking to the whole "speak only in Spanish" to him, because he seriously understands everything Kev and I say! It's become second nature in our home now. I don't even really feel left out of conversations when Kev speaks to Liam. I think I'm learning too... at a much slower rate.

My sister, Savannah, came home from her 18 month mission two weeks ago!! She is so different, but so the same. I guess I was worried that the distance and time would weaken or weirden our relationship, but I can honestly say that she's still one of my best friends and still laughs at my sometimes inappropriate jests. In other words, some things just don't change and I think we picked up where we left off. She's amazing, and has grown so much. Sometimes our maturity scares me... where did it come from? Age? Experience? Idk, but I'm glad I have sisters to share those parts of life with (and brothers, but they're still pretty young).

After welcoming home Savy in MN, we all came home... and Liam and I got sick. Liam with an ear infection and I with a cold that turned into pneumonia. Ugh, Kevin escaped the plague. Lucky duck.

We're all well now though and busy. Kevin is working out everyday and portioning meals and I will be working out soon (hey, I had pneumonia!). We want to look and feel our best for Hawaii in June. I need the endurance, otherwise I tend to get sick, so we are working hard. Kevin more so than me right now, but I'll join him!

I think that's about it. Oh Liam is in nursery now... and it feels so right! Except I miss him, but I think he has a much better time in there than with me, so I get over it fast. Gosh, I love that kid. Yep, now that's it.
Look at this accomplished young woman!
So proud!
He is such a fun little boy. I am so beyond lucky to have him as my son on Earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment